College Station Cat Clinic provides complete boarding and day care services for cats. As as feline-only hospital, cats that need specialized care are safely and comfortably boarded. This includes cats with medical problems, such as diabetes and hyperthyroidism, senior cats, and cats that need regular medication and/or therapy. The bright boarding suite includes spacious cat condos with separate eating and litter box quarters, a play area and full-sized windows. The boarding suite is a tranquil, quiet area designed to provide a stress free environment for all boarding cats.
Cat Day Care
We provide daycare services for those pets who need to be dropped off and picked up in the same day.
Special Needs Cat Boarding
Because we are also a cat hospital, we are able to safely and comfortably board cats that need extra care. This includes pets with medical problems (such as diabetes or hyperthyroidism), senior pets that can’t get around as well, and pets requiring regular medication or therapy.
For the health and safety of all cats, boarding cats are required to be up to date on Rabies and Distemper vaccinations and have a negative stool check within one year. (Feline leukemia vaccination is optional). If your cat is not up to date, it must be updated at the time of boarding. If your cat is found to harbor FLEAS or other contagious diseases, he/she will be treated immediately and isolated until the problem has been completely resolved.
REGULAR BOARDING is $25 per night per cat BOARDING w/MEDICATION is $30 per night per cat
Charges are BY THE NIGHT. However, if pick up is after 11 AM, there will be a 1/2 day’s boarding charge of $12.50 (regular boarding) or $15 (medication boarding) automatically added to the invoice.
We take pride in taking good care of our cats. We only board the number of cats that we can reasonably care for.
BOARDING IS AVAILABLE FOR CURRENT CLIENTS ONLY.
For the health and safety of all cats in our facility, we have developed some important policies:
- Cats boarding must have a complete physical examination by our veterinarians within one year. We require that a negative fecal test and distemper and rabies vaccinations be given within one year. We are happy to perform health examinations and vaccinations if needed.
- Cats that have not been spayed or neutered will not be allowed to board unless under 6 months of age.
- Cats do not get boarded in the same cage. Cats which are normally very docile will become aggressive when in a cage or in strange surroundings.
- Cats must be in good health and free of signs of contagious illness. Cats with contagious illness will not be boarded at our facility.
- Owners need to bring all current medications, the dosage and frequencies, and any instructions you wish us to follow. Please bring medications in their original containers.
- We also ask that you bring your cat’s regular food. If no food is brought, we will feed our hospital dry and canned food. Feeding a new diet to cat may make a gastrointestinal upset more likely while boarding.
- Owners must fill out a boarding form, complete with emergency phone numbers for yourself or other responsible party so that we may reach you if your cat becomes ill.
- If your cat does not eat for 36 hours, an appetite stimulant may be given to ensure eating while boarding. If your cat becomes ill during his or her stay, our veterinarians will examine him or her and contact you or the authorized person with further recommendations. If we cannot reach you and are unable to receive treatment authorization through your emergency contact, we are obligated to hospitalize the cat and extend appropriate and reasonable medical or surgical treatment. As the owner, you will be responsible for the cost of these services.
- All cats boarding need to be protected against fleas. If we find evidence of a flea infestation, we will treat your cat for the protection of our patients and boarding cats. Owners will be responsible for the cost of this treatment.
- While we encourage you to bring your cat’s regular food and a cozy blanket or toy, we cannot be responsible for lost or damaged personal items. Please do not bring personal items of monetary or sentimental value. Cats fed a raw food diet will not be boarded.
- OUR AGGRESSIVE PET BOARDING POLICY: To make sure your pet receives the excellent care it deserves and to ensure our staffs safety, if we deem your pet to be aggressive, we will ask that an alternative to boarding at our facility be found. This might include leaving the pet at home with a pet sitter, or taking it on the trip. We will supply a list of pet sitters in the area if requested.
- Boarding cats may be dropped off and picked up within our regular business hours: 8-11 am and 1-6 pm Mondays and Thursdays and 8-11 am and 1-5pm Tuesdays, Wednesday, Fridays and 8-11 am Saturday. Check-in time is no later than 1 hour prior to closing.